Chinese New Year 2015
The Chinese year of the Goat (Sheep) 2015 will start on February 19th 2015 and end will end on the 5 March.
In order to give employees time to return home to their families, most Chinese companies close one to two weeks prior to the actual date. In addition to closing early, they often remain closed for an additional two weeks after the specific CNY date. Even after they open, factories rarely have enough employees return in time to produce at full capacity.
This period obviously has a huge impact on both Asian suppliers and customers.We would advise any supply chain that involves Asian links in particular Chinese, should prepare for a disruption in supply.
- Making it Personal – What questions should your Freight Forwarder be asking you?
- Lost at Sea – Every Year, Shipping Containers Go Missing
- The Theatre of Food Dreams – Freedom Logistics at Food is Great, Old Trafford
- Freedom Logistics MD, Chris Houghton, in star turn at the Theatre of Dreams
- Hanjin Shipping Collapse – What we know so far
Signup to FreedomNews
‘FreedomNews’ is the quarterly newsletter from Freedom Logistics informing you about important updates and information about the logistics industry.