Asian container rates
The end of last month brought a significant rise on spot rates for Asian – North European trade lanes. Increases were seen to be anywhere up to four times higher than rates at the beginning of the October. This spike increase in rates has brought an air of optimism throughout the shipping industry in contrast to the bleak period of extremely low freight rates that has consumed the majority of 2015, although rates are considerably lower than this period last year. The current rates are residing at approximately the highest they’ve been in the last 3 months with October being a fairly strong month for Asian sea freight bookings and this is expected to continue into mid November for shipments due to arrive at the start of the Christmas period.
- Making it Personal – What questions should your Freight Forwarder be asking you?
- Lost at Sea – Every Year, Shipping Containers Go Missing
- The Theatre of Food Dreams – Freedom Logistics at Food is Great, Old Trafford
- Freedom Logistics MD, Chris Houghton, in star turn at the Theatre of Dreams
- Hanjin Shipping Collapse – What we know so far
Signup to FreedomNews
‘FreedomNews’ is the quarterly newsletter from Freedom Logistics informing you about important updates and information about the logistics industry.